"Shared [and possibly written] by Y T Ong (age 78) Malaysian/Chinese in Nov 2015 at Kuching, Sarawak, East Malaysia.
The followings [sic] 'What really is worthwhile'
3 Ps... Passion + Persistence + Possibilities
4 things we can do:-
- Drop pretence. Eternity is not for shams
- Drop worry. Worry is spiritual nearsight to danger
- Let go of discontent. Make a heroic life out of whatever is set before us
- Let go of self-seeking. In the eternal life there is no greed [what's the point of trying to be the richest man in the cemetery?]
- Be wise in the use of time
- Value work
- Seek happiness every day. If you are not happy today, you will never be happy [I think what he's saying is if you can't be happy today, when can you?]
- Cherish love. True love never nags [not sure about this one. My wife nags, and I love her]
- Keep ambition in check
- Embrace friendship
- Do not fear sorrow
- Cherish faith [as an atheist, I guess the advice is 'cherish it if you have it'. My advice would be to respect faith, but question everything]
The best discipline is self-discipline. Nothing is final. Living is struggling."